Caring for our animals requires a lot of time, love, money, and supplies. Listed below is ODR’s “Wish List” of needed supplies.
Donating wish list items helps us with the day-to-day care of our animals and supports our operational needs. We know some of the items are not very glamorous, but every item we get donated is that much more money we have to spend on our great dogs to get them the care they so desperately need.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for drop-off or pick-up.
Of course monetary donations are always appreciated and 100% of all funds raised go directly to the care of our dogs in foster care. Cash donations help us with veterinary bills, grooming, and buying specialty items when needed. For example, a $150-$200 donation can spay/neuter a dog, $125 gets one dog a basic medical exam, heartworm testing, and basic vaccines. Donations can be sent by e-transfer, through PayPal or by clicking on the easy to use Donate tab at the top of this page.
For the Dogs …
- Martingale Collars
- Slip Leads
- Slow feeder bowls, puzzle bowls
- Nylon Buckle Collars – 16”, 18”, 20” mostly
- Easy-Walk Harnesses
- Nylon leashes – 6 feet long and 1” thick
- Toys that are durable/washable (Kongs, Nylabones, etc. No stuffed animals please)
- Medium and large wire folding crates with trays (new or gently used)
- Thunder jackets
- Fleece fabric (we’ll turn it into tug toys)
- Puppy training pads and poop bags
- Gift cards for Walmart, Canadian Tire, Pet Valu, PetSmart, Staples, Gas Stations, etc (for supplies and to cover transportation costs)
- Canadian Tire Money (for supplies)
- Pre-paid grooming fees (ask us about who we work with)
- Pre-paid veterinary fees (ask us about who we work with)
- Dog food – adult, puppy, large breed small bites, and regular (Wet and dry, unopened and unexpired only please)
- Dog treats
- Pill pockets for dogs that need medication
- First Aid Supplies, (Rescue Remedy, gauze, sticky bandages, sticky wrap, saline)
For Public Events …
In order to provide increased visibility and exposure for the available rescue dogs and to raise awareness for rescue in general, we must participate in fundraising or adoption events. Having the items to help get our name out is very important.
- Mobile or stationary storage unit
- Pop up display / banner
- T-shirts, hoodies, hats, etc with our logo
- Tablecloths with our logo
- Pop Up Tent
- Doggy Pen
- Items for an upcoming silent auction
- Gift certificates (we can use them or raffle them off to raise money)
- Sponsors for special events
Ottawa Dog Rescue is an Ontario and Federal non-profit charitable corporation #1899733. Our Charitable number is 83472 7232 RR0001. We gladly provide tax receipts for all cash and in-kind donations of $20 or more.